ABC Disposal offers residential waste services for homes in the Cedar Rapids – Iowa City Corridor communities and beyond. Our convenient curbside collection services is available Monday – Friday, route specific, and both 65-gallon or 95-gallon wheeled totes are offered. The size will vary according to your city or location.
Our professional and friendly drivers can be counted on to pick up your household waste on time. Contact Us or call ABC Disposal at (319)395-0904 or complete a Service Request to arrange services.
RESIDENTIAL PICKUP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Place totes curbside by 7:00 AM (5:00 AM for rural routes) on your scheduled pick-up day.
- Place totes with three feet clearance and with the open side of the lid towards the street. The lid on the container must be able to close. Adequate spacing allows the arm of the waste/recycling truck to come down on the carts and grab them.
- Do not park vehicles in front of totes due for pick up.
- Allow six feet of clearance from the tote and any obstructions such as streetlights, mailboxes, trees or electrical poles.
- Tags may be purchased for additional waste. Tags are sold in our office and some surrounding businesses. Each additional bag requires one tag and this should be placed around the top of the bag. This bag should be placed beside the container.
- For large items or bulky garbage (for example, mattresses, grills, furniture) contact our office 319-395-0904 or submit a service request.
- Click here for the Holiday Pickup Schedule
NOT ACCEPTED FOR REGULAR PICKUP:
- Appliances & water heaters
- Corrosive materials including batteries & drain cleaners
- Explosives including ammunition, propane cylinders & tanks
- Fluorescent lamps
- Hazardous waste – i.e. antifreeze or other liquid chemicals
- Ignitable materials, solvents
- Liquid Paint
- Scrap metal
- Untreated medical waste
- Yard Waste (Yard waste pick up is available April 1 – November 30 for $10/Month)